Tuesday, January 27, 2009

They have ARRRAAIIVVVEEEDDDD




Our furniture...that we ordered on Nov 15th... is in our home!!! This is no insignificant event my friends. We have been living... for about 22 months now... without a stick of furniture in our front room. We ordered these from Furniture Warehouse during that big retirement sale. They told us at the time that it would take about 4-6 weeks for delivery. They needed to order them in. No problem we said. That would put us right about Christmas...we can wait for that.

At about 4 weeks I call to find out if they are in yet... just hoping that maybe they got there at the earliest time quote. I was told that they were not in, but that we would see them just before Christmas. The week of Christmas rolls around...no furniture. So I call again. Nope sorry they will be here just after Christmas. We will call you and let you know when we know what day.

So after the happy day is over, I call again...'cause nobody is calling me. Nope! This time I am forwarded to a manager, lets call him Paul, because that is his name. He tells me that the fabric is back ordered and that it will be mid January before the items will be in. But he will call as soon as he knows a date for delivery.

I am wondering why nobody had called me to let me know this was the case...it would have been nice to know.

So...we are patient until 15th of January. This time John calls. Paul once again makes up some delay and promises they will be in the following Thursday. "I will call you..."

I bet you can guess what happened...

Thursday comes and goes...no call. We call the store that evening, no Paul. He won't be in...we have no idea where your furniture is but you can leave him a message on his voice mail (code for oblivion). The next day I want to complain a little...I mean a lot. So I call once again, just for kicks and giggles. I have nothing better to do with my time than call stores and demand expensive items that I have already paid for...though not yet received. It is a thing with me...

So I call...and miracles upon miracles, the furniture is in! But... they can't deliver it till Monday. I should really learn to throw fits... my life would be easier. People who throw fits well would have gotten their items delivered that very damn day and not a moment longer!!! I am too non-confrontational. So I agree to monday delivery. "We will call you to set up a time for delivery". I actually said to the guy on the other end of the phone..."are you really gonna call... because we have been promised calls for the last two months...and NOT ONE TIME HAS ANYONE ACTUALLY CALLED US TO LET US KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON."

I guess I am not that non-confrontational.

They called first thing the next day and our furniture was delivered first thing Monday morning. I am very pleased with the furniture. It is beautiful and we got a very good price for them. I am also pleased that I never have to speak to another employee of furniture warehouse again. I have no plans to shop there in the future.

And they will never call me...

5 comments:

Jaz said...

Cute furniture! Next time you need to throw a fit--call me. I'm an expert. I always get so frustrated that I start sobbing and it usually produces some kind of result.

Murph said...

I'm seeing... John... a big ass Axe... and Paul soiling himself... You could have got free stuff.

Andrea said...

I'm so glad people list their blogs on Facebook or I might never find them :)

Angela Stephens said...

I love blogs. I wish the people I read would update theirs more often

Give me money said...

nice