Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Drakie!!! The one and only


Dear Drake,

You may be wondering why I would choose to put this picture of you on your blog post. It is simply this... this sweet, tearful face has saved you on more than one occasion! You kill me my sweet Drake. No matter how mad at you I might have been, or what you had done; all you had to do was turn on the tears and Mommy melted like butter in the sun. (I mean real butter...not that other stuff!) You are my heart Drake. You came to me at a time when I had my hands full. Breena was only two and a half and Dana was only 14 months old. I was seriously unsure that I was going to be able to handle another child. You will hear others tell you, I am sure, that when I read the pregnancy test and it said I was pregnant...again...for the third time in two years...I chucked the test stick at your father. This is totally true. The thought of a third baby at that moment almost pushed me over the edge. Luckily, Heavenly Father made sure to send me a wonderful little boy, who could charm me with a smile and render me powerless with a tremble of the lip and a single tear. You are my heart indeed!


When you were three years old you came running into my bedroom, tripped on a pillow and smacked your mouth on the corner off my bed frame. The impact left a nasty gash on your upper lip that required stitches. I remember at the Doctors office, when they went to do the stitches...the wanted to strap you down. But you were being so good and compliant that they thought they would try it without first. I sat next to you...and you talked and jabbered through the whole thing, but you didn't cry once. It was terribly hard for the Doc to stitch while you talked, but he decided it was better to work with that than have you screaming and kicking.



You started talking really very early, but then you were always a little ahead of yourself. You even skipped that whole newborn baby look and just jumped right into infant. You were so adorable. Frankly...you still are!


You are a very emotional kid and you are one of the first to give me a hug and tell me that you are sorry that I had a bad day. You try so hard to make everything better. I appreciate you so much for this. Your compassion is a wonderful asset to you. It helps you to relate to other people and care about what happens to them. Not everyone in this world has this ability. Please don't loose it.

That isn't to say you always see eye to eye with everyone; especially your sisters. Sisters are hard for brothers to deal with sometimes. You will come to learn as you grow up that boys and girls see things differently. Try to learn from your sisters...because some day that knowledge might help you score chicks! Consider it research...on a purely scientific level of course.


You are my sweet Drakie, I am so proud of you! Happy Birthday!

Love,

Mommy

2 comments:

Jaz said...

awww. what a sweet picture of a sweet boy (& his mom)....i hope this one's going on the wall by the stairs

Give me money said...

nice pic