Monday, December 29, 2008

Imaginif...

...you had a person who had access to your children. This person took your children out of your care every other weekend. While the kids were with this person, rules were disregarded and laws were ignored. Like say...I don't know...maybe this person decides to take your kids hiking to the top of Mount Grandeur; in April... while there is still snow on the ground...in flip flops. Now it is not this person who is in flip flops....no way... they are wearing very warm comfortable climbing boots. It is your 7 year old little girl. What would you do?
Or lets say...hypothetically (oh right!) this person were to get a significant other. And lets say this person's car only sits 5. So this person puts said car up for sale and purchases a brand new car...that also only seats 5 people. But wait...you have four kids. The person...the significant other...the four kids...that is 6 people in a 5 people car. Two of the kids are being buckled into one car seat...OR one of the kids is being buckled in with significant other. What would you do?
And then...lets say that you hold physical custody and are responsible for the safety and well being of the kids...even when the kids are with this person...and you have asked REPEATEDLY for this person to act like a grown up and put the kids well being before this person's convenience...and the person ignores you. What would you do?

Seriously...what do I do? I have no idea what I am supposed to do to protect my kids when they are with their jerk ass of a sperm donor. He takes no consideration for their safety and it scares me. Every weekend they are with him I carry my phone waiting for the phone call from the emergency room. It is going to happen...sooner or later... I cannot sit back and wait for that day to come but I have no idea what to do. Anyone out there have any clue who I can call or what I can do?

2 comments:

Murph said...

This sounds like a job for Lawyerman! Duuu Dun Dun Daahhhh.
Seriously...

Angela Stephens said...

Ya...I called the lawyer. He said there are essentially two things I can do. Get the divorce decree changed to indicate that the kids can only be transported according to laws and safety regulations...something he normally doesn't specifically write into decrees because most people are smart enough not to need that explained to them. Or I can call the cops. I called west jordan's finest and they told me they have to see him violating the law in order to do anything about it...which really irritated the police officer. He recommended that we call on a day when he is supposed to be driving in west jordan, say sunday when he drops off, and ask for additional patrols in the area. They won't sit outside my house, but they will be on the look out. If they catch him, they will ticket him...then we have better evidence when if we go to court.