Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Two months today


Dear Kaylee,

Today you are officially two months old. You are so big! In these two months you have put several pounds on. You have grown more than is fair. I told you to stay little sweet girl. I am sure this isn't the only thing you will defy me on.
You have developed quite the personality. There are times when you are vocalizing, and I swear you have turned yourself inside out attempting to talk to us. You pull the cutest faces and you have absolutely no problem letting us know when you are displeased with something we have done. I watch you watching me talk and I can literally see the wheels in your head turning. You can see that my mouth moves and you mimic me trying to make the same sounds come out. It is all very exciting to you.

As amazing as it is to watch you, it is more amazing to watch your Daddy with you. This is a man who regularly rants about how people irritate him. He can be very dark and broody when he feels like it. When he is with you, it is like a light ignites in him. He giggles and goos. You can reduce this imposing man to a baby talking fool! He would stand on his head if it would get you to smile! Your baby squeals and jabbers make him laugh from his soul...and that sound is magical! It is healing and wonderful. I love to hear him laugh. I love to hear you laugh with him.
We went to have family pictures taken today. I had pictures taken of you when you were 2 weeks old. You really didn't like having those done, but I thought that it might have been that you were so young. Well...after today I think it is just that you hate to have your picture taken. You were happy before the pictures and happy after the pictures, but cried in almost all of them. So later in life, when you look at these pictures and in every one you are pulling a funny face, just know that we tried. You are such a beautiful little girl. You are going to have to get over this, because we are going to take LOTS of pictures.
Well baby girl, it is time to go. You are hungry and we are tired. You still haven't figured out how to sleep through the night. We would be eternally grateful if you would please get this figured out soon. Mom and Dad are too old to be this sleep deprived.
I love you with all my heart sweet bug!
Love, Mommy

6 comments:

Murph said...

Aaawwwhhh...
That was so great! And Kaylee is such a beautiful little girl.
You two done good.

Cynthia said...

She is such a beautiful baby. I really enjoyed holding her at Stacie's the other day. That feeling of the weight of her little body snuggled against my shoulder- ahhh. I've missed that. Something is just so relaxing about holding a sweet little one like that.

Hope you don't mind if I go over to 'get a hit' occasionally.

And thanks for your comments on my blog- you made me cry. I'm so relieved to know that the message comes across exactly as intended.

Angela Stephens said...

Cyndi,

You can hold her anytime you want.

And your welcome. I didn't mean to make you cry, but I felt like it needed to be said.

Cynthia said...

You made me cry IN A GOOD WAY. She really is a beautiful baby. In that first picture there's just a bit of the look of Tyler in the eye area. Must be a Porter thing.

I loved your description of how John is with her. My hubby can also be the dark and brooding type- I get it. You MUST really love him to go back to 'baby jail' so he can also experience that joy of creating a new person.

She's worth it but dang, it would be hard to go back with that littlest one in kindergarten now. I don't know how you balance it all but you seem to be doing it well. Sorry the maternity leave is over but Stacie says you might be able to work one less day per week?

John'swife said...

It was the best thing we have done. But it took a lot to finally decide that having a baby was the right thing to do. It has been hard re-learning how to do everything one handed. It used to come so easily!

I get to work two days a week from home, which is really nice.

John'swife said...

Oh and Mike...

Thanks! We think so too!