Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Aspirations of health...

As the one, maybe two of you that read this know, I have done an insane thing. I committed to my brother to run on his team next october. My husband is going to run to. So we invested in some good shoes and started training. This is my first real week of training. I am following the "training for novices" schedule on the Ragnar website. I decided today that I am going to blog each day, twitter style (gag), my progress. This is more for me than anyone else. I want to see my progress so that I can keep perspective and the goal in mind.

No excuses. I have a year. I will need the year.

Today- 15 minutes on the treadmill - ran for 6 of it. Longest run of my adult life.

4 comments:

Jaz said...

sucks to be you. Proud of you though. Maybe I should follow your lead.

Dora said...

You can do it! Hell if I rode 75 miles on a bike and hadn't ridden at all 6 months prior... you can definitely do it if you are starting your training now! GO YOU!!!

Murph said...

Take it slow and easy. Listen to your body.
As it sayes in the training guide, you don't have to run the whole time, the important thing is to complete the time scheduled. So start with a quick walk, then jump up to a run at a pace you can sustain. Walk when you must. Drink Chocolate Milk as soon as you're done. That will help you to recover for the next run... sounds stupid but it's true.
Keep it up and Keep Flyin' you guys are doing great!

Give me money said...

wow