Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Economic frustration

I am wondering if you have noticed the same things I have noticed lately. Namely all of the economic crap that is blared at us on the news...that doesn't come to fruition? For instance, the auto industry is dieing right? There are supposed to be all of these "killer" deals. Dealers are just giving them away. Well we have been looking for a car. The car John drives is on it's last legs and we will need one before the end of the summer. So we have been looking...and I gotta say. I haven't seen any killer anything. The cars are the same price or more than they were just a year ago when we looked before. I see nothing killer out there accept how much they are asking for the cars.

Another for instance, the housing market and all of the refinancing options. Even with houses loosing value you can refinance at a lower interest rate right? Wrong. If you are responsible and have insurance on your mortgage and have made all of your payments, you don't qualify for a refinance. How frustrating is that.

So I am to guess then that the only way I can benefit from any of this Economic stimulus is to stop paying my mortgage, drop my insurance and buy a really expensive new car. That way I will have a brand new car and be able to drop my interest rate on my house a point and a half!

There are some very screwed up things happening...

2 comments:

Jaz said...

i guess this qualifies as "taking one for the team" and is probably why I am not a good team player.

the mess we're in is because of lenders giving money to people who are not responsible....so let's just reward those people and give them more money and lower rates. What?

good luck with the car search (and in case you were wondering, yes I am too lazy to hit the "shift" key and start my sentences with capital letters)

Cynthia said...

That is so true! The system is set up to reward the non-productive segments of society at the expense of those who are productive.

My BIL has been on unemployment and that's pretty much how that whole system is set up- you are penalized if you try to do any kind of paying odd job while trying to get a real job. Therefore, the incentive is to work under the table rather than be honest.

I stuck your blog addy in my reader so I won't lose track of it again. Hope that's okay.