Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Can we be done now?

I am 38 weeks pregnant and I was diagnosed on monday with a kidney infection. My little sister has problems with her kidneys. She gets regular kidney infections. I have never had one before. I now relate to her in a way I would rather not have. This is potentially the most painful illness I have ever had. It is escalated a bit because of my pregnancy, but holy hell. I had to be put on a strong antibiotic and a pain medicine both of which make me extremely sick to my stomach. I have managed to keep my small meals down today, but yesterday nothing stayed where it should. On top of that fun, I have this sharp stabbing pain in my back that actually runs the entire length of the left side of my body.

As if that were not enough all by itself. The baby has not slowed down her movements at all. She is kicking the crap out of me and I keep having contractions.

I am SO ready to be done with all of this. I want the pain to end. I want my body back. I want to be able to eat a meal without feeling like I am going to throw up afterward. I want this to be over with.

No comments: